Tuesday 27 September 2011

Your skin is an organ - feed it well with natural skincare products!


I'm always amazed when I read about our skin and how it's the largest organ of our body. If we start to think about our skin as what it is - an organ that covers the whole of our body - then we can begin to think better about how we should care for it and treat it like any other of our valuable organs.

To keep our skin healthy and to give it natural beauty, it needs these 3 things (just like any other organ):
  1. Nutrients: in other words 'good skin food'. I am certain that natural and organic skincare products are the best skin nourishers. It's like the difference between eating fresh fruit and a packet of sweets! Unlike many high-street (and even luxury) skincare brands, natural and organic products are chemical and toxin free and deeply penetrate the skin layers, providing nourishment for healthy looking skin. Highly nourished skin ages more slowly, feels more supple and looks radiant. I’ve been using natural and organic skincare products for years now and my skin tone is balanced and hydrated, my wrinkles are reduced and I have a clear, spot free, dewy complexion (if I may say so myself!). I feed my skin at least twice daily with  Thea Skincare Clarity Foaming Face Cleanser and use Thea Skincare Uplifting Eye Crème to hydrate the delicate area around my eyes that are prone to wrinkles. I also use a lovely uplifting face crème and a natural organic body moisturiser  from the Thea Skincare Range. My natural beauty skincare routine is simple, inexpensive and it works for me!
  1. Drink water:  I drink plenty of it, plus I drink tea throughout the day (Rooibos, Green or White Tea) which is packed with plenty of anti-aging antioxidants to hydrate and flush out toxins. My tip of the day is to drink a cup of hot water with a slice of lemon first thing in the morning - at least an hour before you eat anything - which is great for flushing out all those stale overnight toxins. It also helps to hydrate and cleanse the skin for natural beauty.
  1. Exercise: it helps the body to take in more oxygen and squeeze out those hard to remove toxins, boosting your energy levels. I love a light jog after a heavy day and, when I can't, I just walk to the shops instead of driving. A couple of times a week I do Yoga which helps me to relax and tones my body. I am sure regular exercise is great for achieving radiant, natural beauty!
Great skin doesn't need to be expensive!

You really don't have to be a celebrity and spend a fortune to have good skin. Nourishing your skin with 'good quality food' will pay dividends. You can look 10 years younger by using organic skincare products and following this simple 1-2-3 skincare routine twice a day:

Step 1: Cleanse with a good natural and organic pH balanced cleanser for your skin type. If you're unsure where to start, try Thea's Natural Harmony Perfect Me Cleanser which gives a really deep cleanse and is mild on even the most sensitive of skin.
Step 2: Tone with an organic tone to hydrate and balance your skin and remove any excess cleanser such as Thea's Calming Facial Toner.
Step 3: Moisturise, moisturise and moisturise to let your skin drink. Thea Skincare offers a range of natural and organic body moisturisers and face moisturisers to suit every skin type - including sensitive, blemished and sun-damaged skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment