|The Rebalance range by Thea Skincare is a 100% natural collection of skincare products specifically designed to target and treat acne, spots and oily skin.|
Saturday, 19 May 2012
No one wants acne or oily skin, but unfortunately they're both all-too-common skincare complaints. It's not just teenagers either - it's common to have breakouts well into your twenties, thirties and beyond.
Excess production of sebum is the cause of oily skin, and it can also lead to skin problems such as acne as it clogs pores and traps in bacteria. Your hormones control how much sebum your body produces so everything from puberty to pregnancy can have an effect, plus just being stressed or tired can wreak havoc with your skin's oil balance too.
It is often difficult to find suitable treatments for acne that are effective but not too harsh on your skin. An overly strong treatment can leave the skin dry, and your body will only compensate by producing yet more oil. Natural, pH balanced oily skin products are best, as they are more in tune with your skin's natural balance and are effective yet gentle and soothing.
Once you've picked out your perfect skincare products, here are the five steps you should include in your daily skincare routine to say goodbye to acne and oily skin once and for all...
1. Firstly, you should cleanse your face thoroughly twice a day. You should use a cleanser which is designed for oily skin as they tend to be gentle on the skin and contain ingredients to control shine.
2. Next, apply a cool cloth over your face to leave it feeling refreshed and clean. Let it sit for a few minutes, as this will help to reduce excess oil production and will calm red, inflamed skin.
3. Now use a gentle toner on your skin. This will ensure your skin is soft and smooth and it will also help tighten up your pores, making it harder for dirt to get trapped in them and cause spots. Toner also helps to remove any tiny traces of makeup your cleanser might not have got rid of. Make sure you choose an alcohol-free toner as this is better for oily skin and will not leave it overly dry.
4. Next, you should moisturise - yes, even if you have oily skin! Use one that is specially designed for your skin type however, as a moisturiser for dry skin will be too rich for you and may lead to more spots. Look for natural hydrating ingredients such as shea butter or jojoba oil that moisturise whilst controlling shine.
5. Finally, use a mud or clay face mask at least once a week to absorb oil and give your skin a super deep clean. Masks work deep down into your pores to remove every last trace of impurities but again, use one designed especially to treat oily skin and acne for best results.
View the Thea Skincare skin care for oily skin range now!
Tuesday, 1 May 2012
a Thea Skincare
Rebalance Starter Set
for acne & oily skin
20% Off Anti Acne Skin Care Until May 31st
We know that acne, spots and oily skin are amongst the most common skin complaints, and they're also some of the most depressing to live with.
Our 100% natural, organically-enriched Rebalance range is specifically developed with a blend of pure, botanical ingredients to target these problems, revealing skin that is clearer and a you that is more confident!
All this month there's a massive 20% off our entire Rebalance range, with prices starting from just £3.16 for our Anti Acne Essential Oil Blend.
Even better, we're also giving away one of our Rebalance starter kits, worth £24.95, which contains a cleanser, exfoliator, toner and moisturiser all developed with acne-prone and oily skin in mind.
Containing a scientifically-formulated blend of ingredients such as lichen to soothe inflamed skin, Shea butter to moisturise whilst controlling shine and bermagot essential oil to eliminate spots, these natural and organic skincare products are highly effective and contain no chemical ingredients whatsoever, so they're suitable for even the most sensitive and easily-irritated of skin types.
For your chance to win this fabulous anti-acne skincare set, here's how to enter...
- Like us on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow us on Twitter (1 entry)
- Join us on Google+ (1 entry)
- Follow or subscribe to this blog (1 entry)
- Subscribe to our newsletter (1 entry)
Deadline for entries: 31st May 2012
The winner will be notified by email on 01/06/2012