Thea Fruit And Spice Purifying Body Scrub
Tuesday, 11 February 2014
During these winter months we need to consider our body moisturiser as much as our facial moisturiser. Our body skin will begin to dry out in just the same way if it is not looked after.
Ideally, your body care routine would consist of an exfoliant and a body moisturiser.
You would use a body exfoliant every other day in the shower or bath, however - if you do suffer with very dry skin it may be wise to apply the exfoliant to dry skin, prior to getting in the shower or bath, as this will be particularly effective at removing excess dead skin. It may also be advisable to use a soap free shower gel/mousse for the in between showers– as again the drying effect of soap on the skin of the body is the same as the effect on the skin of the face……the Aloe and Sea Mineral Hair & Body Wash is particular good for this, and also a great companion for your gym bag.
As for exfoliants, a particular favourite of mine is the exotic Fruit & Spice Purifying Body Scrub and at just £19.95 it’s a steal! This exfoliant will slough off the dry winter skin leaving a softer, smoother more radiant glow behind. With key ingredients of Sea Salt crystals to exfoliate, Jojoba Oil to moisturise and Vitamin E to protect and repair this scrub really is an SOS for all winter bodies.
When you have finished showering/bathing and have dried the skin thoroughly apply an effective body cream that will moisturise and hydrate, preventing moisture loss and leaving the skin soft and supple. Here are a few ideas:
At £15.95 this one an absolute bargain when you consider the combination of organic ingredients contained. Lavender – to soothe, Rose – to firm the skin and aid cell regeneration, and Vitamin E – to protect, repair and feed the skin. This body lotion is easily absorbed and perfect for dry, sensitive and mature skin so pop it on your Valentines list, you won’t be disappointed.
This one is a fraction more expensive at £24.95 but worth every extra penny! With key ingredients of Organic Aloe Juice to attract and seal in moisture, Organic Rooibos Tea –a powerful antioxidant that moisturises and regenerates the skin and Black Willow Bark Extract to promote skin renewal, this cocktail of pure ingredients leaves your skin velvety soft and smooth.
And not forgetting those hands that can get very sore and chapped this time of year – why not try our Best Seller….Coconut & Jojoba Nourishing Hand Crème 50ml, £12.95.
Our hands will give away our age so make sure yours look young, youthful and radiant with this rich and luxurious hand cream, an essential product to live in your handbag and next to the sink. With the rich and nourishing ingredients of Organic Aloe, Organic Coconut and Jojoba this hand cream is easily absorbed and penetrates the skin to ensure smooth, soft and silky hands.
Thursday, 23 January 2014
Thea's Winter Skincare TipsDuring the winter period we need to take extra care to protect our skin and to maintain a healthy complexion.
The winter season can be very harsh on our skin – it gets damp, windy and colder outside, the central heating is put on in our homes and offices and all of these factors can lead to redness, fine lines, dryness and irritation.
There is also considerably less sunlight meaning that our bodies are producing less Vitamin D leaving our skin looking tired and dull.
|Thea Face Renew Skin Brightening Range|
Here are a few tips and advice to help keep your skin radiant and supple during the winter months:
- Cleanse, Tone & Moisturise day and night. If you wear heavy make up cleanse twice before toning to ensure all make up has been removed.
- Ensure you use a cream cleanser as the richer texture will leave the skin soft – do not use soap as the pH level of soap is not in synergy with the pH of your skin so will lead to further drying and dehydration.
- Change your moisturiser for the winter months – use something that is richer in texture and contains ingredients such as Vitamin C for radiance and Shea Butter to moisturise.
- Opt for a different night cream to the one you use in the day. Night creams are richer by nature and can be more intensive for the skin, this is because at night the skin is not exposed to the elements and no make up is applied on top so the moisturiser can really work effectively.
- Exfoliate 2x a week to remove dead skin and increase cell renewal. Exfoliating will make any products you use on your skin more effective because it constantly removing the dead skin so your product is always working on new, fresh skin.
- Make sure you always follow your exfoliation with a facial mask to further cleanse and moisturise the fresh skin.
- Drink lots of water – too much caffeine will dehydrate the skin further.
- Increase the Fruit & Vegetables within your diet, not only is this good for your health it is good for the health of your skin due to their high concentration of vitamins and water.
- Have regular facials – Thea Signature Facial, in particular using the Fruit Renew range, is an essential at this time of year as it removes dead skin, stimulates the circulation bringing more oxygen and nutrients to the skin promoting radiance and softens the skin.
Follow these steps and you will have radiant winter skin!
Posted by Thea Natural Skincare at 17:20