Friday 15 June 2012

A Real Combination... Dry and Oily Skin Together?



For as long as I can remember I've always had what is referred to as combination skin.

I have the typical T-zone with oily sections on my forehead, nose area and chin, but with dryness on my cheeks and around my jawline.

One of the reasons I created  the combination skin products range is that I suffered from using products that caused excessive dryness and at the same time they made the oily areas of my skin even oilier! I learned a long time ago that using natural skincare products that were pH balanced were the best thing to balance out my T-zone problem.

I also realised from my younger days as a teenager that I had to avoid any skincare products with alcohol because that just played havoc with my skin and brought me out in spots.

I have always loved using a foaming cleansers - I love the idea of washing your face with a cleanser that creates a soft foam without causing any dryness of the skin...

So, one of my favourite products in the Thea Skincare range is the Rebalance Clarity Foaming Facial Cleanser - it's one of our best sellers and I know why! Its gentle foaming action and special blend of essential oils combine together to form one of the best facial cleansers I have ever used.

I prefer to use a rich face cream rather than a thin moisturiser on my face, and I like one with just a hint of a scent. I just love the Age Revival Uplifting Face Cream and uplifting is exactly what it does as it plumps and lifts the cheeks in a very subtle but defining way.

Now that the summer is upon us I am starting to step up my skincare routine. I now use an exfoliator 2-3 times a week to refresh my skin and get rid of the dead skin cells that a typical cleanser cannot budge. 

The Thea Age Revival Dream Cream Exfoliator is what it says on the tin, it's a dream. It has dual properties in that it removes dead skin and nourishes dry skin on the face at the same time. It truly works wonders and it is a dream experience using it.

Having used many chemical based skincare products myself in the past for many years, I now realise the value and importance of eliminating toxins from your skin. I know the importance and benefits of using good quality natural and organic skincare products for good skin health, and to avoid premature ageing!

Thea x

No comments:

Post a Comment