Wednesday 13 June 2012

Are Beauty Salons Ready to Embrace Natural, Organic Skincare?



For many years, I never really questioned what my regular skincare products contained. I never looked at the ingredients, I just based my judgement on whether it was good or bad depending on how my skin looked and felt immediately after using the product.

I have over the years spent a small fortune in beauty salons and department stores on the latest expensive skincare products, thinking they was the best you could get without ever bothering to question what they were actually made of.

That was, until 2008 when I  first went to Africa and discovered a whole new world of natural ingredients such as Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera, Palm Oil, Avocado, Papaya and Mango to name but a few! I learned so much about natural skincare ingredients and the amazing benefits that they can have for your skin.

Earlier that year a close friend of mine died of cancer and I came across articles that, although inconclusive, seemed in indicate that some potentially harmful ingredients such as Parabens that are found in most skin and hair care products could be linked to cancer.

So I embarked on what has now become my passion and produced Thea Skincare, a totally Paraben- and chemical-free skincare line with a cocktail of exotic, natural ingredients.

I also started to listen to my mother when she said that when she grew up her family used pure coconut oil for her hair and as a moisturiser for her body. My mother also told me that in her family they all used Aloe Vera  from their garden to protect their skin from the sun and as a shampoo and conditioner.

Some years later, I now only use totally chemical and paraben free skincare products. When I visit my local salon for my monthly facial I use Thea Skincare products, and if I'm not at home or traveling around I take my own kit rather than use any chemical skincare. 

I've been told that for my age my skin is great, but for me it's simple - why put toxins on your skin and why feed it with products packed full of harmful ingredients when there are safer natural alternatives?

Thea Skincare offers a range of professional salon skincare for any sized salon, big or small, so it's a great opportunity to 'go green' and offer you clients a natural, ethical skincare alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment