Wednesday 2 November 2011

Super Nourish Your Skin this Winter


At this time of the year I know that I have to step up my game when it comes to looking after my skin. So, in true Thea style, I put on my daily skin blanket - it's great as it still allows my skin to breathe yet keeps in the warmth, nourishes my skin and protects it.

Skincare treats from the Thea Skincare Super Nourish collection

I've always used a body moisturiser from the moment I can remember - in my culture it's like going naked if you do not moisturise at least once a day as well as every time you have a shower or bath! If I happen to forget I feel totally naked and uncomfortable, I have been know to go back to my house just to apply moisturiser to my skin - that's how addicted I am!

In the summer I like to use lotions such as the Organic Lavender and Rose body lotion as it's very hydrating but lighter on the skin. In winter however, I start to use richer, more nourishing moisturisers. It's just like the difference between what we actually wear in the summer and the winter really.

In the winter I love richer body butters and body creams.

My favourite body moisturiser from the whole Thea range is the Super Nourish Deluxe Vitamin Rich Body Crème which is just devine and packed full of goodness, plus those essential skin nourishing vitamins A, B, C and E along with a wonderful range of hydrating body oils such as Avocado, Neem, Palm and Jojoba. It also contains pomegranate to add extra moisture and nourishment to the skin, lovely!

My close second favourite which I use mainly on my feet is the rich and luxurious Rooibos Shea Body Crème. This crème is rich in Rooibos tea for moisture retention and an amazing anti-aging effect, plus it contains Aloe and Jojoba oils with essential oils such as Rose for super hydration. This a fantastic skincare product for dry or very dry skin - I leave this one by my bed for my feet at night!

In the winter I also change what I use on my face. I use a serum more regularly (at least once a day and usually at night) such as the Super Nourish Instant Replenish Face Serum as it completely locks in the moisture and produces an instant glow to the skin. I top this with this with another favourite of mine, the wonderful Super Nourish Aloe and Vitamin C Face Crème which I use both day and night in the winter.

Thea's top tip is to put your skin-blanket on to protect your skin from the harsh elements - let it thrive under the protective blanket of a rich, nourishing moisturiser so that it's ready to blossom once again when the warmer weather appears.

Thea x

No comments:

Post a Comment