|The Rebalance range by Thea Skincare is a 100% natural collection of skincare products specifically designed to target and treat acne, spots and oily skin.|
Saturday, 19 May 2012
Your 5-Step Acne & Oily Skin Care Routine
No one wants acne or oily skin, but unfortunately they're both all-too-common skincare complaints. It's not just teenagers either - it's common to have breakouts well into your twenties, thirties and beyond.
Excess production of sebum is the cause of oily skin, and it can also lead to skin problems such as acne as it clogs pores and traps in bacteria. Your hormones control how much sebum your body produces so everything from puberty to pregnancy can have an effect, plus just being stressed or tired can wreak havoc with your skin's oil balance too.
It is often difficult to find suitable treatments for acne that are effective but not too harsh on your skin. An overly strong treatment can leave the skin dry, and your body will only compensate by producing yet more oil. Natural, pH balanced oily skin products are best, as they are more in tune with your skin's natural balance and are effective yet gentle and soothing.
Once you've picked out your perfect skincare products, here are the five steps you should include in your daily skincare routine to say goodbye to acne and oily skin once and for all...
1. Firstly, you should cleanse your face thoroughly twice a day. You should use a cleanser which is designed for oily skin as they tend to be gentle on the skin and contain ingredients to control shine.
2. Next, apply a cool cloth over your face to leave it feeling refreshed and clean. Let it sit for a few minutes, as this will help to reduce excess oil production and will calm red, inflamed skin.
3. Now use a gentle toner on your skin. This will ensure your skin is soft and smooth and it will also help tighten up your pores, making it harder for dirt to get trapped in them and cause spots. Toner also helps to remove any tiny traces of makeup your cleanser might not have got rid of. Make sure you choose an alcohol-free toner as this is better for oily skin and will not leave it overly dry.
4. Next, you should moisturise - yes, even if you have oily skin! Use one that is specially designed for your skin type however, as a moisturiser for dry skin will be too rich for you and may lead to more spots. Look for natural hydrating ingredients such as shea butter or jojoba oil that moisturise whilst controlling shine.
5. Finally, use a mud or clay face mask at least once a week to absorb oil and give your skin a super deep clean. Masks work deep down into your pores to remove every last trace of impurities but again, use one designed especially to treat oily skin and acne for best results.
View the Thea Skincare skin care for oily skin range now!